Last Friday we presented our tech inquiry project, and I found it really fun and helpful to collaborate with my peers on this one. We all approached ed tech in a different way and I found it beneficial to learn everyone’s angle.

One group member was most concerned with privacy when using technology in education. This is obviously a super huge piece when involving technology in our classrooms. As future educators we need to be grounded in the legal aspects,  and all the privacy implications our inclusion of technology may have on any person involved.

Another one of us was really concerned about the practicality of using technology in our classrooms. They brought up concerns about if its feasible for every classroom, if it is fair for classrooms that may have lower socio-economic status vs. those who have greater access to tech resources? This is obviously something to consider before planning to use tech.

One of my major concerns with our specific topic- videography in PHE and high school sports, was if the data these apps are spitting out is actually accurate. I was afraid that we might be sacrificing scientific accuracy for convenience, but my research proved me wrong! When looking at Dartfish, one study actually found that it was not statistically different from an exceptionally accurate 3D camera capture system. This was really reassuring.

I think this project just really opened my eyes to all the different aspects we need to consider when thinking about how to safely and effectively implement technology into our teachings.