Our cake this weekend was a complete failure. It seemed like everything that could have gone wrong went wrong! But there was still a lot of giggling and fun had- so I suppose it wasn’t all bad.

We started with baking the cake, and followed the recipe for a vanilla cake from the class we took last weekend. We were sure to closely follow the recipe, but once it was all mixed the batter looked so thick to me! Now here is where I would have normally improvised and added more cream, but for some reason this weekend I didn’t. We proceeded to bake the cakes..

While the cakes were baking I made a mocha torte that I have made a million times to be the inside filling between cakes. I have never used an electric mixer before for this recipe, and it went so much more runny than it should have been! It wouldn’t hold together and started falling down the cake.

Then we tried to ice the top of the cake with a petal style.. and the icing we made also didn’t go to the right consistency! We couldn’t pipe it at all. Sometimes you need to know when to give up- this is Coco coming to that realization. We called it a day and ate the cake! At least it was delicious.